We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
By visiting IWJDesigns.co.za, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does IWJ Designs Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does IWJ Designs Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use IWJDesigns.co.za?
- EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does IWJ Designs Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your IWJ experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us : We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information : We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses IWJ Designs or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of IWJ Designs on other Web sites.
- Mobile : When you download or use apps created by IWJ or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications : To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from IWJ Designs if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
- Information from Other Sources : We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
Does IWJ Designs Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries IWJDesigns.co.za controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control : We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases these businesses may operate stores at IWJ Designs or sell offerings to you at IWJDesigns.co.za. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. We share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers : We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers : Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of IWJ Designs customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know.
- Business Transfers : As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy shops, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that IWJDesigns.co.za, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of IWJ Designs and Others : We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of IWJDesigns.co.za, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?
IWJ Designs gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with IWJ Designs for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
- You can add or update certain information on certain pages When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of IWJDesigns.co.za, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please let us know.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use IWJDesigns.co.za?
IWJ Designs does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use IWJ Designs only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
IWJDesigns.co.za, Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit IWJDesigns.co.za, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the Republic of South Afria.
If you have any concern about privacy at IWJDesigns.co.za, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also.
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service.
For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through IWJ Designs or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; or use our services.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers), e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to analyse demand; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call us.
We may also use browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Web site for fraud prevention and other purposes.
We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services.
Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu.
If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by any subsidiary, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
We may offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings from various suppliers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at IWJ Designs include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveres, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries); Seller accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Listmania lists, Reminders, personal profile, and Wish List).